INTRA-COMPANY TRANSFER VISAS (CATEGORY L)
This work visa in America is intended, for example, for people who get a company transfer from Italy to the United States.
EXCHANGE PROGRAM VISAS (J VISAS)
J visas are intended for professors, interns, and researchers engaging in exchange programmes who wish to work in the United States.
STUDENT VISAS (CATEGORY F)
Finally, student visas are appropriate for people who intend to attend a school or university in the United States. Although it is not a valid work visa, Category F permits you to:
- Part-time employment on the university campus;
- complete an academic curriculum requirement by working as a trainee ( Curricular Practical Training or CPT).
- Work in an area connected to one’s academic route following graduation or diploma, usually for up to a year ( Optional Practical Training or OPT).
Practical tips for finding a sponsor to work in the USA
An H visa is the easiest choice for people who are not qualified to immigrate to the United States permanently. But be aware that you cannot apply for an H-1B visa on your own. To work in America with this visa, you must obtain a sponsor.
To begin, we recommend the following steps:
- Learn which firms sponsor H-1B visas: While there is no official database, there are several facts available online on which firms want foreign staff. For example, the MyVisaJobs website provides statistics on firms who provide sponsorships. This contains the amount of sponsorships available as well as the average income paid to H-1B employees.
- If you have an F-1 student visa, search for job in your university: academic institutions aggressively hire foreign workers. Furthermore, their sponsorship petitions do not fall under the US government’s yearly H-1B visa cap.
- Examine the job offers and candidates: Once you’ve discovered potential sponsors for employment in the United States, we recommend that you apply for as many vacancies as possible. When you obtain a job offer, notify the firm of your requirement for sponsorship.
Common sectors, companies and professions to obtain a sponsorship
Employers ready to sponsor a foreign expert on an H-1B visa are often multinational organisations and huge corporations. After all, the sponsorship procedure is expensive for the firm, and only the larger ones can afford it. Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics are good fields for anyone pursuing an H-1B visa (STEM).
This industry is in the forefront of attracting foreign talent. As a result, finding work as an engineer in the United States should be rather simple. In general, the following corporations provide the best sponsorship opportunities:
- L&T Technology Services
- Tech Mahindra
Leading management and consulting organisations were among the first to apply for H-1B visas. To summarise, Ernst & Young was responsible for 17% of all H-1B visas awarded in 2018. If you are interested in this industry, the following firms may be of interest to you:
- Ernst Young
- Deloitte Touche
- PWC extension
- Tata Consultancy Services
As previously stated, American institutions routinely seek for, and are granted, H-1B visas. If you want to work as a professor or researcher in the United States, these are the finest sponsors:
- University of Michigan
- Johns Hopkins University
- Stanford University
- Mayo Clinic
- University of Pennsylvania