26 Jul 20:49

What You Should Know Before Traveling to the United States from the United Kingdom (and other VWP nations)

There are two things you should know before visiting the United States!

The first need is that you have a “chipped” passport (sometimes called an E Passport).

Second, you must receive ESTA approval (Electronic System for Travel Authorization). Many passengers have similar queries regarding the ESTA and what they need to do to obtain the authorization.

Here are the solutions you require

1. If you do not already have a “chipped” passport or an E Passport, you must obtain one before applying for the authorization. In the United Kingdom, you may simply renew your passport at the passport office, the new passport will arrive in about three weeks. If you intend to travel and use the VWP, you will require this sort of passport. The other alternative is to apply for a “visitors visa” to the US, which might take months to get.

2.Even if you have a stopover in the US, you must complete the ESTA. Many individuals believe that if the United States is not their final destination, they do not need to apply for an ESTA, but you should. Even if you are only staying over to change planes, you must have applied for the ESTA.


Do You Have U.S. ESTA VISA Travel Authorization? If You Have ESTA Application, Check if it is Still Valid!

3.There is just one way to complete the ESTA.

The ESTA must be submitted online. If you do not have internet connection, you will need to find someone who has and is ready to assist you. There is NO OTHER WAY to file the ESTA. You can utilize an internet café, ask friends or family members for assistance, or even ask coworkers to fill it out for you, but you must do it online.

4.File the application through an authorized portal.
A reputable website, such as THIS ONE, can make the procedure simple!

5.The ESTA authorization is good for two years.
If you need to renew your license, you must do it online HERE.

6.Save money on foreign fees!
Use a credit card that does not charge you foreign fees when you use it. Some banks will charge you a fee for exchange rates, so be sure you choose a card that does not levy these costs.

Other Questions

1.Will the list of nations exempt from visa requirements be enlarged in the future?

Most likely, it will. Since the program’s inception, the United States has added several nations, and there is no reason to suppose that they will not add more in the future.

2.Does the ESTA clearance require travel to other US-governed territories (such as Puerto Rico)?


3.Has anyone ever been stopped at the border despite having a valid ESTA?

Yes, the ESTA does not guarantee entry into the United States, although most individuals have no trouble crossing. When people have been delayed, it is because there was an inconsistency in the facts they gave or they were not genuine.

4.What should I do if I need to stay in the United States for a longer amount of time than stated?

The ESTA allows you to stay in the United States for up to 90 days. If your travel plans change and you will not be out of the country for more than 90 days, you can amend or edit the initial information in the ESTA system.

5.Does the ESTA application procedure change for various Visa Waiver Program countries?

No, every VWP citizen goes through the same procedure.

6.Who should I call if I suspect fraud in connection with an ESTA application?

Everyone must report any suspected fraud to ensure safe travel. You may contact the US State Department through their website or by clicking here. To keep everyone secure, it is critical to report suspected fraud as soon as possible!

7.How will the United States government utilize my information?

Your data will only be shared with those who have a “need to know,” which means they will only use it for the reason for which it was provided. Of course, if there are any concerns with your application, they may be shared with outside organizations to ensure that you may travel to the United States securely.


If you want to travel to or through the United States, you must have this authorisation. If you do not have the authorization, you may be denied boarding your plane or vessel bound for or passing through the United States.

The procedure is simple, takes only a few minutes, is reasonably affordable, and may be completed within 24 business hours (unless there are corrections that need to be made). To expedite the process and receive your clearance as soon as possible, be sure to:


Be truthful!

Have your E Passport ready.
(The number will be required for the application)

Make sure you give yourself ample time.
to submit the application without leaving out any details


The VWP provides a fantastic option to go to the United States with less paperwork! Submit your application today to ensure a quick approval.