1. HOW TO APPLY FOR ESTA FROM AUSTRALIA?
Australians can quickly obtain ESTA USA travel authorization online. It is a quicker and hassle-free alternative to the traditional non-immigrant US Visa Application.
You can fill up the ESTA Form online. It comprises a set of questions used to determine whether the applicant is eligible to travel to the US under the ESTA USA Australia program. The online form has straightforward questions which take around 23 minutes to fill up. You need to ensure that while filling up the answers, you don’t leave out one. Or answer one incorrectly. This could lead to ESTA rejections or problems with border agents later on.
The questions are about:
- Contact details of the passengers
- Detailed information on your trip to the United States
- Information on the passengers
- Concerns about a background check’s security
After filling up the form, make the payment, and your application will be sent for processing. Applications have to be submitted at least 72 hours before departure for the US.
If you are eligible, you will get an “Approved” ESTA US visa.
If you have already applied for ESTA USA Australia, you can check ESTA status online.
2. WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR ESTA FOR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS?
- Valid Passport – You need a valid Australian passport that hasn’t expired. Also, you need an e-passport (which is electronic-chip enabled) that a machine can read. This saves time and paperwork at airports.
- Working E-mail ID
- Other relevant documents
- Payment Card for the application fee
Also, please remember that your application might still get rejected even with all the proper documents if the authorities don’t deem you fit based on your health, financial and general security information, including any criminal records.
3. WHAT DATABASES DOES ESTA CHECK?
The ESTA goes through various databases during the applicant’s screening, like passport application, travel and Visa, visa revocation, criminal records, and the public health department databases to determine your eligibility.